Translate

Thursday 3 March 2022

Daily Bread

by Yvette van Niekerk



Matthew 4: 4

“man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

Do you ever worry about eating your daily bread? I am sure when you get up in the morning go to the kitchen make yourself some coffee and have a slice of toast. It’s very simple we all do that. This morning I made eggs and toast for my husband and we actually did enjoy our daily bread. What about your time with God? Do you spend time in God’s presence? I got caught up with a cake I am making for someone to collect tomorrow. My thinking was I’ll sit down straight after I decorated the cake and then spend some time in God’s presence.

I actually did sit down and listened to some gospel music and then I listened to my daily devotionals. But I have not been able to get into the Word of God. I seem to be sidetracked all the time. After I sat down I felt an enormous weight on my shoulders, I felt dead tired. My focus is off and I seem to be so tired.

I have come to realize that I am starving for God’s Word, spiritually. I need to do something to regain my relationship with the Lord my God.

Hebrew 2 verses 1 “Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we heard, lest we drift away.” O, my Lord, it’s clear as day, I have been drifting away from the Lord.

I am learning new things every day. I realize that the War in Russia and Ukraine, is very real, people don’t have bread every day. I am considering myself blessed as I have peace in my home and I can spend time in God’s presence.

It is my heart's desire to hear God’s voice through His word. I used to hear Him in the beginning when I had become a newborn Christian. But lately, I have lost that personal touch with God. I seem to be so caught up in all my own thinking and work etc.

Prayer

Father God, I adore You, Lord. Worship at Your feet, I bring You glory and honor, and I want to sing praises to Your Name. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Great and might are You Lord, God my savior. Today I confess my lack of focus and my sinful nature. Lord, I confess my impatience with people around me. I confess Lord, that I am not always tolerant and considerate towards others. I am so sorry Lord. Father, I want to say thank You, for today, for Your lovingkindness and mercy which is new every day. Thank You that I can come to You in prayer. I want to praise You, Lord. Today I also want to pray to help me I need to have Your Word come alive to me again. Make it happen, Father God. I am asking You please clear my mind and soul. Please teach me new things and help me go deeper into Your Word than I have ever done before. Lord, I draw a hedge of Jesus Christ's blood around myself and my family and friends. I pray for Your supernatural favor in my life and the lives of my family and friends, let no harm come to us. Thank You, Lord Jesus Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I clear the slate?

by Yvette van Niekerk Ezekiel 18: 31 MSG “Clean house. No more rebellions, please. Get a new heart! Get a new spirit! Why would you choose t...